Friday, April 4, 2008

Gettysburg Politics

I am not missing a lot of things from the US. I have a few things I do miss; like real mayonnaise that isn't lemon flavored and perhaps I would also like some real ketchup, too. I also miss getting together with my friends and having random conversations with people on campus. But the one thing I am missing is US POLITICS!

The year that my state is playing the largest role in presidential politics I'm on another continent--figures. I love politics--the analysis, the mud, the policies, talking with people...

I guess it could be worse. I at least can check the NYTimes every day and Washington Post from Argentina. Plus the Argentines all love to talk about politics be it Argentine, US, European, or Asian politics, they generally love to talk about all of them.

This article came through Gettysburg College Democrats alias about Gettysburg and I thought I'd share. It was written for the Philadelphia Daily News by John Baer. I know a lot of the people in the article, so it's very cool for me.

The one thing he indirectly touched upon was the attitude of apathy toward politics at Gettysburg. I'll be anxious to see if the attitude changes when I return in the fall with the presidential race.

Chau.

No comments: