Monday, July 7, 2008

Photo of the Day -- Sleeping people


I'm continuing a series of "random" photos that describe my experience. These photos were observed when Matt, Ron and I were getting coffee at the food court at Alto Palermo 2 weeks ago. It was hysterical because these people are in the middle of a highly trafficked area conked out to the world, completely sleeping and not aware of their surroundings. The lady's neck is in a quite horrid position.


I've since returned to Alto Palermo during the afternoon and they were there again. The waitress told me they're always there. You should see the way people react as they pass by these sleeping folks. Some take a double take when they realize they're sleeping. Others just stop and laugh. Then there is the group that walks past in their own worlds and realize when they almost leave the area that these folks are sleeping, and quickly turn around and laugh. Lots of people stop to take pictures, too.

Matt and I laughed for at least an hour watching people's expressions. We were worried that it was a reality show. Apparently not, they are REAL, but not part of a show.


Pictures courtesy of my friend Ronald, since I didn't have my camera with me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: